Thursday, April 10, 2008

My individual garden project

In my class there are seven of us that has an individual garden project so far i am the only one that has a high productive bed. In my area i have three types of vegitabul.I have tomatos, string bean,and qcuber.i make sure to cheq my plantes every morning and eavnnig to see the condition they are in,water them,clean around the bed and any other work that needs to be don.
The tomatoes that i have in area are the local ones these grow a little bit smaller than the normal tomatoes.i have 12 tomato plants ant the twelve of them are already bearing tomatoes. they are about 3ft 3in in length.
The cucumber that i have are hard to tell what size they are because they grow vines. what i do when the vines start to grow out i tie them with string and hang them on a frame so the vines can grow and spread there. so far the cucumber is in goo condition i already have harvested six big cucumbers and there is still a lot of flowers and young cucumber.
Lastly is my string bean. the string that i have are already growing vines. they are in good condition and will soon bear string bean. this string bean was an experiment to see if transplanted string bean will still grow and it was a success.
The purpose of this project was to see if we have learnt any thing from first form.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Hi Selvin,

I was wondering if you got to plant vegetables that you like or you had to plant the same as everyone else?

I really enjoy reading your blog.

Take care,
Alli

selvin said...

thank you for your comment it means a lot to me. when we planted that day it doesn't really matter what we plant but as long as we harvest our crop.